Welcome to the 2018 Legislative session - a 60 day session expected to end March 8, 2018.
Audubon WA Weekly Legislative Updates will be posted below throughout the session. Questions? Contact the Chapter Conservation Manager at email@example.com, or 206-652-2444 x108.
Audubon priorities for the 2018 legislative session include:
- 100% clean energy standard, price on carbon pollution, low carbon fuel standard
- Phasing out existing lease agreements and banning new invasive Atlantic salmon net pen operations
- Legislation to allow Rangeland Fire Protection Associations in Washington
In addition, we continue to work with the Environmental Priorities Coalition (EPC). EPC 2018 priorities include action on climate, sustainable water management, toxic-free food packaging, oil spill prevention and funding.
Interested in receiving weekly legislative updates and/or calls to action on issues of concern to the Audubon Network? Please contact the Chapter Conservation Manager, or sign up now for the next action alert!
100% for Climate - Lobby Day 2018
Lobby Day is scheduled for Monday, January 22, 2018.
Information, logistics, and registration AVAILABLE HERE.
Priority Issue Papers
100% Clean Energy Talking Points
- Click here for a call script regarding the 100% clean energy priority!
- Talking Birds and Climate with Elected Officials
- The Art of Talking with your Legislator
- How to Meet with your Decision Makers
- Washington State Legislature Home Page
Environmental Priorities Coalition
Beginning in 2003, WSACC joined the Environmental Priorities Coalition (EPC). Today, through the power of the Chapter Network, Audubon Washington is one of over 20 leading environmental groups in Washington state that work to influence policy at the state level. Each legislative session the Coalition selects priority issues that are important to protecting our state for future generations and works hard to pass this common agenda.
West Coast Climate Campaign
Audubon Washington is a partner in the West Coast Climate Campaign - A collaborative group of environmental organizations in California, Oregon, and Washington working on strategies to help combat climate change in the Pacific Northwest. Together we are working to change policy in Washington to:
- Limit and price carbon pollution
- Replace coal with clean energy
- Reduce carbon pollution from transportation with a clean fuel standard
A non-partisan grassroots group working to advance revenue-neutral carbon pricing solutions in Washington State.
Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy
The Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy is a coalition of individuals, organizations and businesses dedicated to reducing global warming pollution, strengthening our economy, and making sure all Washington families have a better future.
2017 Audubon Legislative Session Summary here.
2016 Audubon Legislative Session Summary here.
2015 Audubon Legislative Session Summary here.
2015 Audubon Advocacy Day Summary available here.
2015 Teen Advocacy Day Summary available here.