Welcome to the 2017 Legislative session - a 105 day session expected to end April 23, 2017.
Audubon WA Weekly Legislative Updates will be posted below throughout the session. Questions? Contact the Chapter Conservation Manager at email@example.com, or 206-652-2444 x108.
Audubon priorities for the 2017 legislative session include:
- Investments in locally driven large-landscape forest restoration and community preparedness projects that improve the resilience of Washington’s communities and forests.
- Funding to continue gathering information about the little fish that are such a critical food source for our marine birds.
- Promote incentives for local renewable energy to ensure a clean energy future.
- Putting a price on the carbon pollution causing climate change. (See the Governor's Propsal SB 5127/HB 1555 and the Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy Proposal HB 1646/SB 5509)
In addition, we continue to work with the Environmental Priorities Coalition (EPC) who, this year, is focused on improving safeguards around oil transport, securing funding for the Model Toxics Control Act, and improving Washington's Growth Management Act to protect our local water resources and wildlife habitat.
Interested in receiving weekly legislative updates and/or calls to action on issues of concern to the Audubon Network? Please contact the Chapter Conservation Manager, or sign up now for the next action alert!
AUDUBON ADVOCACY DAY
Save the date! Audubon Advocacy Day is scheduled for Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
Information, logistics, and registration AVAILABLE HERE.
Priority Issue Papers
Priority Talking Points
- Talking Birds and Climate with Elected Officials
- The Art of Talking with your Legislator
- How to Meet with your Decision Makers
- Washington State Legislature Home Page
Environmental Priorities Coalition
Beginning in 2003, WSACC joined the Environmental Priorities Coalition (EPC). Today, through the power of the Chapter Network, Audubon Washington is one of over 20 leading environmental groups in Washington state that work to influence policy at the state level. Each legislative session the Coalition selects priority issues that are important to protecting our state for future generations and works hard to pass this common agenda.
West Coast Climate Campaign
Audubon Washington is a partner in the West Coast Climate Campaign - A collaborative group of environmental organizations in California, Oregon, and Washington working on strategies to help combat climate change in the Pacific Northwest. Together we are working to change policy in Washington to:
- Limit and price carbon pollution
- Replace coal with clean energy
- Reduce carbon pollution from transportation with a clean fuel standard
A non-partisan grassroots group working to advance revenue-neutral carbon pricing solutions in Washington State.
Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy
The Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy is a coalition of individuals, organizations and businesses dedicated to reducing global warming pollution, strengthening our economy, and making sure all Washington families have a better future.